Monday, April 2, 2012

Building my dream vehicle...Lego style

Being that my typical Sabbath day is not Sunday because of my work at church I take my Sabbath day on Monday. The last few weeks Cari and I have spent some quality time on my Sabbath resting and working away on constructing my dream vehicle...a Volkswagon 1962 Camper Bus. It is SWEET! Here are some pictures of our progress. And for those who know Legos, there are 2 books of instructions with over 70 pages in each = lots of steps = lots of fun. Cari is an awesome piece finder and I construct since, in her words, this was "your 32nd Birthday gift." Thanks Babe!





Here is the box...yes, that says for people aged 16+...I guess we qualify!


We are anal and like to separate all the pieces into colors...makes it a lot easier and less chaotic.


 Here we are at the beginning, you can see the license plate!


Check out the gear shifter, the gas pedal and the beginning of the bench seat.


Yes, that is a lava lamp to the right, a green goblet on the fold-away table and the sink next to one of the bench seats.


The doors on this side open to show some shelves and drawers, a better view of the table and the sweet black and white checkered floor of the Bus.


From this view you can see the sink and storage underneath and the other bench seat with the goblet on the table.


This is our stopping point for today, book 1 is completed with the tire wells having been put on. Time for lunch and a nap. I love resting on the Sabbath!

2 comments:

  1. Nice photo documentation. Where was this lego set purchased?

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lego.com I would assume...Cari got it for me for my birthday!

      Delete