Friday, March 22, 2013

My resignation from our church


Dear First Presbyterian Church Family,

It’s with mixed emotions that I announce that I will be resigning as the Pastoral Associate here at First Presbyterian effective April 1st, 2013. I never dreamed things would unfold the way they did and it saddens me to think about the ministry potential here at FPC that will go unfulfilled. Yet, I remember the Apostle Paul’s words to his young disciple Timothy, “Cling to your faith in Christ, and keep your conscience clear. For some people have deliberately violated their consciences; as a result their faith has been shipwrecked” (1 Tim. 1:19, NLT). As much as I love the people in FPC I have to do what I think is necessary to keep my conscience clear, and most importantly to cling to Christ, and I can’t do that and remain in the PC(USA).

I greatly appreciate how you welcomed this “Yankee” transplant from Ohio, via Massachusetts, into your hearts and lives. You all have blessed us immensely with your warm hospitality, your prayers and your numerous invitations for lunch, dinner and Breadbreakers. Thank you! My wife and I are grateful for the 22 months of ministry and service that we have had here and Lord knows I have learned a lot from my time as your Pastoral Associate. I pray and trust that these trials that we have faced, and are facing, “will show our faith is genuine” (1 Peter 1:7, NLT).

God bless you all! And no matter where we go, may this scripture passage from a recent Daily Walk Bible reading be true for us all, “May the LORD bless you and protect you. May the LORD smile on you and be gracious to you. May the LORD show you his favor and give you his peace” (Numbers 6:24-26, NLT).

Soli Deo gloria, Seth

5 comments:

  1. Praying for you brother! I appreciate your sharing and the way you've articulated love and truth together. Keep the faith!

    Jsutin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seth...I'm sure the Lord has great things in store for you. I admire the fact that you are a young man with conviction. We need more like you!!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers with you and your wife Seth! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your support and prayers, I greatly appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Seth! Just saw your post and wish you all the best in your next leg of your faith journey. Not sure where you ate headed, but hope you'll keep us posted! :)

    ReplyDelete