Monday, October 7, 2013

Early morning advice




I was having a conversation with a couple of my coworkers and they were telling me how they don't like to talk early in the morning, especially if they haven't had their cup(s) of coffee. Being a morning person who doesn't need coffee, or like coffee, I don't get this.


As the quasi-chaplain at my work place we have joked about how I could, could, come up with my own sayings and name them "Sethalonians" as in 1st and 2nd Thessalonians from the New Testament. Of course we are joking, and no I don't think ANY of my words are anywhere near as important as the Bible. 

With that said...

1 Sethalonians 27:14 says “until 10am, or they’ve had two cups of coffee, don’t walk into the front office early in the morning and heartily greet your coworker, it will annoy them.”

Being still new to the job I realized after emailing this out to my coworkers that when I wrote "front office" I really meant "back office" as the "front office" folks are more morning folk then the back office. Thus, I sent this follow up email saying/joking...

Recent archaeological findings have found a variant translation of 1 Sethalonians 27:14. This new copy has a textual variant that reads “back office” rather than “front office.” The committee on translation has recently decided to change “front” office to “back” office because the Scribe was disoriented while copying the original text to his scroll.  Therefore the preferred translation should now read:

1 Sethalonians 27:14 says “until 10am, or they’ve had two cups of coffee, don’t walk into the front office early in the morning and heartily greet your coworker, it will annoy them.” 

Can anyone tell me the original Bible passage that inspired this attempt to be funny?

Whether you think it is funny or not, trust me, it is TRUE!

**Photo originally found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment